Monday, August 31, 2009

Sarah's baptism

Last night Sarah was baptised, we are so happy for her. She had spoken for close to a year that Jesus was "in her heart" but any mention of baptism and she would state that she would do it next Saturday. Then probably 3 months ago while in church taking the Lord's Supper she said with more urgency that we have never seen with her " I need to go get baptised right now". At first I just quieted her down and left it at that. Then I prayed that if this was truly it that God would have her ask again. And she did and would not stop asking. So while sitting in the pew we went over the plan of salvation and made sure that she knew exactly what she was talking about. She was so ready and we knew that this was the right time. So at the invitation we walked her forward she could not contain her self. She then took a four week growing in Jesus class our church offers and last night was the final step for our little princess. What a mighty God we serve! Here is a little girl who at one point we did not know if she would survive long enough to be born and now she is being baptised. God is so good.





On a side note I must tell you how Pastor Chris was chosen. He came into her class to talk about baptism and showed all the kids where it took place. On the way home from church that day Sarah said" I want that man to baptise me because he looks like he would take good care of me and I like his blue tie!" Didn't take much to win her over and he did a great job. Great is the Lord and He is worthy to be praised.















5 comments:

Lauren said...

Hi Danielle! What a sweet girl, Sarah is! I'm so sorry we missed last night. It's unfortunate, but I passed the cold/flu bug that I had been battling for the past 2 weeks over to Josh, and now he's not feeling well. :(

We have a little something for Sarah that I'd like to bring by to her soon. If Josh is feeling better then we'll call you and pick a time to stop by.

Hope all is well!

Kim said...

How wonderful! Our little girls are getting so big, Danielle!!

Ashley said...

That is awesome! Such sweet pictures and sweet memories I'm sure. I'm so happy for her.

lsnellings said...

That is wonderful! I am so sorry we missed it!

Morgan said...

What amazing news! Praise God! You must be so proud of Sarah. And I'm glad that He made it very clear that Sarah was ready. I wish we could have been there!